National Key Account Manager at Groupon
Groupon's mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfil our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, travel experiences and goods. In the process, we're positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
Groupon AU is looking for a Key Account Manager to manage a portfolio of existing accounts and to help generate new business with larger enterprise businesses. Reporting into the National Sales Manager, you will be responsible for proactively sourcing and developing existing and new business opportunities with companies with a nationwide appeal in sectors such Health, Beauty, Fitness and Leisure, Food and Drink, Entertainment, Retail and Services. Through a consultative sales approach, you will present business solutions to meet the merchants, customers and Groupon's expectations and will become an integral part of the merchants' marketing and business plans.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have the resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
You'll spend time on the following:
- Working closely with existing Enterprise accounts to cement long-term partnerships and to create campaigns that Groupon's customers love, help these accounts to meet their strategic goals, while also meeting the commercial requirements of Groupon.
- Proactively sourcing, pitching and closing new Enterprise businesses (via many different channels) that feature on Groupon, continually expanding the range of offers for our subscribers
- Presenting Groupon as the unique opportunity for businesses to acquire new customers
- Construct and negotiate offers which meet expectations of Groupon, merchants and the customer
- Educating merchants on how Groupon works and how they can maximise the opportunity post feature
- Demonstrating a thorough understanding of your merchants' business and adopts a consultative sales approach
- Working with internal support functions to ensure that every deal that goes live on the platform meets quality standards
- Utilising internal tools to optimise performance
- Involving line management to assist with closing deals where necessary
- Developing a good understanding of seasonality and when the best time is to feature merchants
- Demonstrating understanding of market trends and social media hot topics
- Actively carrying out research on core industry sectors that are being prospected.
We're excited about you, if you have:
- Relevant sales experience, selling into large, national, or multi-national accounts preferred
- Proven track record of B2B sales and successful account management, preferably in any of the following Industries: e-commerce, advertising or digital marketing.
- Intermediate / advanced PC skills using MS Office application (word, excel, PowerPoint). Knowledge or experience using Salesforce will be highly regarded
- Experience in successfully approaching national, enterprise level and or tier one businesses in a credible and professional manner, with evidence of helping them to achieve their goals.
- Excellent communication skills, must have a consultative sales approach and be a strong persuader and influencer at a senior manager level.
- Strong relationship builder, has a positive attitude and is a team player
- Shows strong commercial and numerical acumen.
- Highly driven, is self-motivated, target orientated, resilient and tenacious,
- Is customer-focused, enjoys working autonomously, hits the ground running and demonstrates a willingness to learn
Strong analytical skills, make well-judged decisions, good numeracy, pays strong attention to detail, is a strong problem solver, demonstrates good commercial awareness and thinks outside the box to generate new ideas
Has a flexible approach, thrives under pressure and enjoys working in a strategic sales environment.
Highly organized and plans and prioritizes work effectively.